Whizard: error while loading shared libraries

Dear Experts,

I followed the StarterKit trying to produce some whizard sample locally with the configuration file from HEP-FCC/FCC-config.
running:

whizard wzp6_ee_mumuH_ecm240.sin

Then I received this error:

whizard: error while loading shared libraries: libcuttools.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thank you,
Ang

Dear Ang,

yes, it seems that this is a problem in our builds. I’ll try to fix this in the setup, but you can workaround it immediately by appending openloops and libtirpc to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/spackages6/libtirpc/1.2.6/x86_64-ctos7-gcc11.2.0-opt/6mvhk/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/spackages6/openloops/2.1.2/x86_64-centos7-gcc11.2.0-opt/clg3p/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

before running whizard.
Sorry about this issue!
Valentin

Dear Valentin,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
Unfortunately, after running these two commands, I have a new error, which is:

whizard: error while loading shared libraries: libtirpc.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thank you,
Ang

hello @lia,

there is a typo in one of the path, ctoscentos
So the two commands should be

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/spackages6/libtirpc/1.2.6/x86_64-centos7-gcc11.2.0-opt/6mvhk/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/spackages6/openloops/2.1.2/x86_64-centos7-gcc11.2.0-opt/clg3p/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Cheers,
Clement

1 Like

Hi @clement.helsens ,

Thank you for clarifying.
It works well now.

Cheers,
Ang