Problem Setting up FCCSW on lxplus [Solved: custom .bashrc]

From the mailing list:

Hi,

I am new to FCCSW and also to simulation. I am following the tutorial: FCC Starterkit Lessons. I am trying to run the gaudi on lxplus. I have sourced the set up by

source /cvmfs/fcc.cern.ch/sw/latest/setup.sh Then I run echo “from Configurables import >ApplicationMgr” > option.py and then fccrun option.py

I don’t see the output as given by the FCC Starterkit Lessons. It gives the following error:

terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘std::filesystem::__cxx11::filesystem_error’
what(): filesystem error: status: Permission denied [/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.17>>>/x86_64-slc6-gcc47-opt/root/lib]
Aborted (core dumped)

Also where is the option file “option.py” located? How does the command fccrun point to this file >without mentioning the path?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Hi!

it seems like your setup of the software is not successful. When I do it on lxplus it looks like this:

~$ source /cvmfs/fcc.cern.ch/sw/latest/setup.sh
Setting up external dependencies from /cvmfs/fcc.cern.ch/sw/views/releases/externals/96c_LS.0.0/x86_64-centos7-gcc8-opt/setup.sh
Setting up FCCSW from /cvmfs/fcc.cern.ch/sw/releases/fccsw/0.12/x86_64-centos7-gcc8-opt/setup.sh
~$ which root
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/views/LCG_96c_LS/x86_64-centos7-gcc8-opt/bin/root
~$

Can you confirm you get the same? For the second question, the line

echo "from Configurables import ApplicationMgr" > option.py

creates the file option.py. See for example https://www.tldp.org/LDP/abs/html/io-redirection.html

Hope this helps, don’t hesitate to mail me with further questions.

Cheers,

Valentin

The user had the following in .bashrc, which broke everything (even after exec bash --no-profile --no-rc, strangely enough`):

Removing the slc6 setup solved the issue.