Issues with DelphesPythia8_EDM4HEP

Hello,

After spending a bit of time on large sample analysis I went back to the FCC starterkit page to try to do a little bit of analysis with a smaller sample BSM collision. Following the tutorial, the environment is set with:

source /cvmfs/fcc.cern.ch/sw/latest/setup.sh
or in some cases it works better with
source /cvmfs/sw-nightlies.hsf.org/key4hep/setup.sh

and from there it has you use ‘which DelphesPythia8_EDM4HEP’ to make sure the package is available. This step gives me indication that it is accessible, but when using the commands:

'DelphesPythia8_EDM4HEP -h ’

or for event generation purposes:

’ DelphesPythia8_EDM4HEP card_IDEA.tcl edm4hep_IDEA.tcl p8_noBES_ee_ZH_ecm240.cmd p8_ee_ZH_ecm240_edm4hep.root’

both do not complete and will hang instead. I tried checking the processes by putting them in the background but both of the processes were immediately put into sleep status and would not complete. This is also after ensuring both tcl cards are the updated files and after wget-ing both all of the cmd files as stated in the tutorial.

Thanks,
Hayden Shaddix

Dear Hayden,

what kind of machine are you running those examples on?
Is it lxplus? The issues could be related to it, since running the examples on disposable CentOS 7 machine works just fine.

Best,
Juraj

This sounds like it is related to k4simdelphes: standalone exes hang when building using the cvmfs installation · Issue #381 · key4hep/key4hep-spack · GitHub, which also means that this depends on the context the commands are run in. The good news is that this is already fixed in dual-readout, patched versions should be availble this week.

@vavolkl ,

Does that it will be entirely able to use with the same steps as the tutorial and it work automatically once it is fixed, or is there other things I need to do to run it once it is implemented?

Thanks,
Hayden Shaddix