Issue with processList

Hi,

I have an issue with processList which must be quite basic …

I am just going through the tutorial example (on lxplus) but I have a problem with:

fccanalysis run analysis_stage2.py 

At the start of the .py file processList is defined:

processList = {
'p8_ee_ZH_ecm240':{}
}

However I get the following error:

[rlemmon@lxplus766 mytutorial]$ fccanalysis run analysis_stage2.py
----> Info: Loading analyzers from libFCCAnalyses...
TUnixSystem::SetDisplay:0: RuntimeWarning: DISPLAY not set, setting it to host-2-100-222-76.as13285.net:0.0
----> Info: Loading analysis file:
      /afs/cern.ch/user/r/rlemmon/mytutorial/analysis_stage2.py
The variable <outputDirEos> is optional in your analysis.py file, return default empty string
The variable <runBatch> is optional in your analysis.py file, return default value False
----> For process p8_ee_ZH_ecm240 neither a file /p8_ee_ZH_ecm240.root nor a directory /p8_ee_ZH_ecm240 exist
----> Exactly one should be used, please check. Exit

But I have already created p8_ee_ZH_ecm240.root in the previous step and I can see the file in the same directory as analysis_stage2.py !

Is there something not setup correctly ?

Cheers
Roy

Hello @rlemmon,

have you edited inputDir variable on the line 9 in the analysis_stage2.py file?

Can you try using

inputDir    = "."

?

Also, can you share exact link to the tutorial example you are following?

Best,
Juraj

Hi Juraj,

I should really have tried that before as it works ! Thank you very much !

I am simply working through the v:cern2022 tutorial link: 2.3. FCC: Getting started with analysing simulated events — FCC Tutorials documentation

I noticed that in fact there is a very recent update of the tutorial from April 2023 using histmaker_recoil.py which I will try next. However they all use processList to input the samples so I thought it was worth finding out why they were not found. Perhaps the “.” is bash shell dependent ?

Anyway thanks a lot !

Cheers
Roy

Hei @rlemmon,

great :slight_smile:

Somewhere in the run stage a / (slash) is added to the path. If empty inputDir is used the input files are expected to be in the main directory (/). This needs to be changed.

Best,
Juraj