Fullsim of vertex detector in FCCDetectors using CLICPerformance reconstruction

Hi everyone

I’m working on the IDEA Vertex detector geometry and am trying to simulate it in full sim using ddsim and the CLICPerformance repo (FCCee-cld branch of @vavolkl ).

I’ve managed to get it running for the CLD detector description rom LCGEO in the following way:

source /cvmfs/sw-nightlies.hsf.org/key4hep/setup.sh

ddsim --compactFile ${LCGEO}/FCCee/compact/FCCee_o2_v01/FCCee_o2_v01.xml --outputFile ttbar.slcio --steeringFile fcc_steer.py --enableGun --gun.energy 10*GeV --gun.particle mu- --gun.distribution uniform --numberOfEvents 1000

k4run fccReconstruction.py -n 1000

This enables me to look e.g at the Z0 resolution by accessing the histograms.root file:

root histograms.root --web=off
_file0->cd(“MyClicEfficiencyCalculator”)
TProfile* prof = new TProfile(“prof”,“prof”, 9,0,90,-1000,1000)
perfTree->Draw(“recoZ0*1000:90-TMath::Abs(trueTheta-90) >> prof”)

So far so good.

I now want to run the same thing, but using the CLD description in FCCDetectors, which does not work. I get the following error when trying to run “k4run fccReconstruction.py -n 1000” (see also log_FCCDetectors_slcio.log):

VXDBarrelDigitiser FATAL Standard std::exception is caught
VXDBarrelDigitiser ERROR ObjectExtensions::extension: The object has no extension of type AACD2D795D870AB9.
EventLoopMgr ERROR Unable to initialize Algorithm: VXDBarrelDigitiser
ServiceManager ERROR Unable to initialize Service: EventLoopMgr
ApplicationMgr ERROR Application Manager Terminated with error code 1

Do you have an idea on what the issue could be?

Furthermore, when I try to do the same thing as above but with edm4hep, then I cannot access the histogram.root file and not get Z0 resolution:

ddsim --compactFile $LCGEO/FCCee/compact/FCCee_o2_v01/FCCee_o2_v01.xml --outputFile ttbar_edm4hep.root --steeringFile fcc_steer.py --enableGun --gun.energy 10*GeV --gun.particle mu- --gun.distribution uniform --numberOfEvents 1000
k4run fccRec_e4h_input.py --EventDataSvc.input ttbar_edm4hep.root

The only error I see is “[ ERROR “MyTrackChecker”] Collection MCParticle is unavailable”, details in log_fccRec_e4h_input.log attachment.

Am I doing something wrong here or are these two functionalities not supposed to work?

Thank you very much for your help and kind regards,

Armin

P.S: Already sent this question privately to @vavolkl, but here it could be useful for others as well.

Hi Armin,

It looks like some specific detector extensions are expected in the ILCSoft algorithms. The following issue (link) and pull requests (PR1, PR2) seems related to your problem, can you check if it helps?

I also see that the geometry builders of the vertex detectors in k4geo set some extensions manually:

which could be tried.

Finally, the way hits are stored is different in k4geo (the central DD4hep ‘tracker’ sensitive type is used, link) and FCCDetectors (custom processHits and saveOutput) which could be another thing to investigate.

Cheers,
Brieuc