Errors with build; Any recent changes?

Hello,

I wanted to re-generate some plots using some earlier steps of analysis I ran a week or so ago. First, when I tried to source the setup.sh from the master branch, I was getting an error stating that ONNXRuntime was not a module in the package. I used pip install to get ONNXRuntime to try and mitigate this but I began getting segmentation errors.
I then tried to just use fccanalysis build --clean-build and now I am getting the error:
/cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/contrib/binutils/2.38/x86_64-centos7-gcc8.3.0-opt/pv4x2/bin/ld: …/…/analyzers/dataframe/libFCCAnalyses.so: undefined reference to `WeaverInterface::run(ROOT::VecOps::RVec<ROOT::VecOps::RVec > const&)’

/cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/contrib/binutils/2.38/x86_64-centos7-gcc8.3.0-opt/pv4x2/bin/ld: …/…/analyzers/dataframe/libFCCAnalyses.so: undefined reference to `WeaverInterface::WeaverInterface(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > const&, ROOT::VecOps::RVec<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator > > const&)’

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [tests/unittest/unittest] Error 1

make[1]: *** [tests/unittest/CMakeFiles/unittest.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there something that has changed recently? I have tried git pull-ing the master branch but the issue has persisted in the build process.

Thanks,
Hayden

2 Likes

Dear Hayden,

Indeed something has been changed today:

-bash-4.2$ ls -ltr /cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/key4hep/setup.sh
-rw-r--r--. 1 cvmfs cvmfs 843 Apr 14 13:29 /cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/key4hep/setup.sh

and FCCAnalyses does not seem to compile anymore with the default setup.sh.

While waiting for the problem to be fixed, you can run with the older release: instead of

source ./setup.sh

you can run:

source /cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/spackages6/key4hep-stack/2023-01-15/x86_64-centos7-gcc11.2.0-opt/csapx/setup.sh

and try to compile again…

Cheers,
E.

Hello @hshaddix,

As @eperez pointed out, there was new release of the stable version of the Key4hep stack and unfortunately some packages are missing :frowning:

While waiting for the fix there are two options:

• If you don’t need ONNXRuntime related analyzers use fccanalyses in current stable stack (default in setup.sh) with this fix.
  • If you need ONNXRuntime related analyzers use previous versions of the stack as suggested above.
    source /cvmfs/sw.hsf.org/spackages6/key4hep-stack/2023-01-15/x86_64-centos7-gcc11.2.0-opt/csapx/setup.sh
    source setup.sh
    fccanalyses build --clean-build

or nightlies version of the Key4hep stack.
    source /cvmfs/sw-nightlies.hsf.org/key4hep/setup.sh
    source setup.sh
    fccanalyses build --clean-build

Best,
Juraj

2 Likes