Adding dE/dx and dN/dx at EDM4HEP

Dear all,
I just started the analysis of the Bs deacay in DsK, using a edm4hep file generated with Delphes.
I need the information about the dE/dx and dN/dx which are not available now in this file.
Actually, in the branch EFlowTrack there is the variable EFlowTrack.dEdx but it is “empty”.
The final goal is to implement the particle identification with both dE/dx and dN/dx.
Which are the steps to follow to retrieve this information?
Thank you a lot,
Federica

Dear @federica.cuna,

there are two steps needed, but none that you could use immediately. On the edm4hep side we are adding this dN/dX information. We should also release a new k4simdelphes matching the needs. I will try to keep you posted here but please feel free to post a reminder from time to time.
Clement

Thank you Clement.
So, now you are working on dN/dx and what about the dE/dx? As I mentioned before, I think that the information in already implemented but it seems that the values in the root file is empty.
I’m referring at this code : EDM4hep/edm4hep.yaml .
Thank you again,
Federica

@federica.cuna , dEdX is in edm4hep, but it is not calculated in Delphes, thus we can not fill its value.
Maybe there is a way to parametrise dEdX from dNdX? In any case, those informations are detector dependent, thus we need feedback from IDEA experts.
cheers,
Clement

Dear Clement,
I can provide the necessary information to implement in IDEA Delphes the dE/dx. I’ll contact Michele and Loukas asap.
Thank you,
Federica

Dear Clement, just checking on the status of adding the dN/dx to the key4Delphes. Thanks!

Dear @azzi ,

please see this pull request:

Clement

Thank you @clement.helsens

Now we just wait for the key4SimDelphes that contains the information that we need to start the analysis.

Federica